Cash price for brick layer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in need of someone to build some garden walls, and lay a concrete base in the garden, about 8-10 days work.
What is a reasonable price for a day rate in Surrey, i have been told about £180 cash?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
@ that rate it`s worth travelling from Sussex ;) You don`t need a brickie as such - a competent Hard Landscaper will do a good job :idea: In fact I personally think a garden wall looks better a bit "rustic" unless it`s structural / load bearing / retaining wall .

Thanks Guy's looks like £180 is a bit over the top for a day rate, £150 is more realistic, will see what i can do....

I'd certainly caution paying someone who you don''t know, or has not come recommended, day rate for an undetermined length of time

Get a price for the job - even if that is based on the guys estimate of how many days it will take

Is the job 5 days @ £180, from 8-5 flat out, or 10 days at what ever time and finish he feels like and casually ambling along ... knowing he's on top money?

For cash you are looking at more like £130 in this climate

Sponsored Links
I'm currently paying £140 a day plus £60 for his labourer in the Weybridge area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back