Cast iron downpipe

10 Jun 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have a cast iron downpipe that has cracked on the lower sections, is it possibe to cut the pipe down with a grinder and then attach plastic downpipe. Is there an adaptor available to connect plastic downpipe to cast iron, i dont really want to replace the whole lot as the top section is in very good condition.
Sponsored Links
as far as i'm aware you can get a down pipe socket that will fit into cast iron.
but you have to be carefull when cutting it large bits dont fall down inside and cause blockage later.

i learnt that on diynot, see soil pipes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links