CAST IRON/LEAD WASTE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again to all,
Havent had a problem while been installing/doing plumbing for ages.?
Now i have two probs in almost as many days.
Right here goes been called out to have a look at a leaky toilet(only description i got on the phone)
Went out to find an old lady who had spent 1000's on getting a new bathroom installed. I goes upstairs to find that my kids could have done a better job , but anyway the problem is this, the original soil pipe looks like cast iron, but then it "chamfers" to a wider diameter where the toilet enters it. Looks like some form of collar arrangement, confused so am i.
anyway the so called "plumbers" had shoved 4inch or so of plastic waste into the original waste, because this "collar was wider it rattles about in there so they must have used a tueb of silcone trying to make it fit . but ti still leaks quite a bit.
So wot im asking is does anyone know what the hell im on about and if so is there a fitting that goes over this collat to enable a modern waste fitting to be seated correctly.

Sponsored Links
may have found something,never used them so after some advice please there in the BES catalogue onpage 132, felxible rubber couplings where one side is for example 135mm down to 100mm, would these suffice ?
any answer would be greatly appreciated?

Dunno mate. Have used the smaller ones of those tho and am impressed how much they reduce in diameter when you do the J clip up.

Could you just cut the CI off further back and use an extension on the mutiquik?

i thought of that mate but due to its positioning not able to cut enough off to be able to do this, ill give one of these a try and if theres any slack left ill take it up with some plumbers mait and tighten down on this. Anything is better than she has now. The other option is to replace the whole stack with plastic which im against as she has salreay spent a fair bit and not had the job done properly bless her.

Sponsored Links
could try a clay adaptor. These are brown underground fittings. About 120mm in length, they have a 110mm socket at one end and a flat flange at the other. They need to be cemented into the socket using sand and cement. polypipe part No ug464

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back