Cast Iron Soil Stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I could do with a little help. I had the intention of installing a close coupled toilet, this would require moving the soil outlet back towards the wall. I thought I might be able to just rotate the join and add some Sikaflex over the joint but I don't think this will work now. In the picture there are central heating pipes at the top and a dark patch near the bottom(other way around, the picture has been rotated), this is damp which would indicate a leak in the joint (no wonder the house always stinks!).

I think my options are either to replace the T junction with plastic or just cut the horizontal pipe and add a flexible pan connector.

Any advise please?

Junction.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

Outlet.jpg

Room.jpg

Wall Clamp.jpg

Sponsored Links
I'd be tempted to look at the possibility to remove that cast iron pipe and fit a new plastic one outside, as it should be.

Thanks John, that would be the preferred option but not really possible at the moment, if at all. It's an old 50's "mushroom" prefab, the 1st floor exterior walls are angled and tiled.

Sponsored Links
There are ways around it.
Speak to a local plumber, they might give you ideas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back