Catalytic converter nicked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cc got nicked outside my house at midday today f#*k•*g w$*^!ers.
3 minutes apparently. Neighbour came out just as they were getting back in there car. 3 of them. Got number plate.
Checked with DVLA & car matches plate.
Any ideas on finding keepers address?
Fuming:mad::mad::mad:

Sponsored Links
I feel your pain, got my spare wheel nicked from under my van, had to buy a new spare straight away and order a new fixing kit for the under the van and also a security device for it.

My last van, I sprayed the spare wheel pink and guess what, it never got nicked.

Andy

I really need to find a way of hurting them if they have another go. Apparently that’s common to come back & nick the new one. Smear in grease. Gripper rod’s good but it gets to hot.

Sponsored Links
The cc came off the car Honda CRV.
Honda’s & Toyota’s are the most targeted apparently.

I had a bloke come into my garage telling me his Prius was making a noise after popping into Asda. Sounded like a tank and I said he must have hit a speed bump and damaged it but he assured me he hadn’t. Anyway, I looked underneath and it was gone. They’d used an electric hacksaw and even ripped the wiring to the lambda sensor. Pretty common with hybrid vehicles for the simple reason that cat converters get very hot under normal circumstances but they are as cool as a cucumber and easy to handle when they are being driven by electric power!

4B060263-85B5-4EA8-9CD1-144C6725E4F0.png

Last edited:
3 minutes apparently. Neighbour came out just as they were getting back in there car. 3 of them. Got number plate.

Inform your insurance and the Police?

Do a Vehicle History check as if you were buying the car - cost £10? and find out the owners and then do what?

Inform plod, tell them you have a witness. Do it quickly and delete any thoughts of giving them a kicking. You are an easier target for plod to nick if you don't

Im sorry to hear that......nothing more annoying than having to fork out for theft.

I didnt know stealing cat converters was still a thing

I’ve got a witness. My neighbours saw them just finishing it. Police have said unless we’ve got cctv of them under the car, they can’t do anything.
Who has cctv filming under there car!!!!
My missus had dealt with it but I’m gonna call shortly to see if they have even bothered to contact the registered keeper. The plates might be cloned & the real owner needs to know.
It ain’t good enough.

Sponsored Links
Back