cats blooming cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,
I have just laid some 20mm shingle around my shed and have a big problem with cats doing number 2's on the shingle and its driving me mad,what can i use to deter them.

Sponsored Links
Air riffle :evil:

Alternatively you can get water squirters that have proximity detectors for this very job. Apparently they work really well. You could also ask here. See what they think about the air riffle idea, their response could be quite entertaining :evil: :)

air riffle? is that like a triffle?

you need to break their pattern of doing it. you can by various gels etc which you spray over the area to deter them. they are very habitual so once you break the cycle they tend to go elsewhere.

There are also cat deterent sirens which emit very high pitched noise (supposedly inaudiable to humans) which I understand are pretty good.

Sponsored Links
The only way we found to stop cats fouling in the garden was to get a dog!

Everything else failed, water sprays, glass bottles, smelly this that and the other. Even the odd stone up the backside didn't deter them. They don't come near the garden now and certainly don't crap in it. ;)

Otherwise just through the crap over the neighbours fence, after all its their cat, you're just returning what is rightfully theirs :p

I'd agree the only way to get rid of cats is to get a dog.
I have cats myself who are indoors but was plagued for years by a neighbour who had cats who dissappeared once i got a dog, I tried everything else

I use an air rifle but it is not the most convenient approach as you have to be near the rifle at the time of seeing the offender. Have to be careful though as it is illegal to shoot cats - my gun is not powerful so it only stings them.

I am going to try magnifying mirrors when I can find them (anyone know of any suppliers?), I have a theory that if a cat sees another, bigger cat coming towards it it will flee. Any views on this?

it`s no worse than dogshyte :LOL: :LOL: Airriffle..utter Piffle... :rolleyes: Magnifying mirrors....shaving mirrors :idea:

Coal Tar soap...use a cheese grater and spread it around. We got rid of cat cr*p on a new flat roof that way!

I found a combination of pepperdust and a battery driven device that detected motion and claimed to play some some noise that only cats can hear, worked well. No crap on the lawn for over a year now.

I hear citrus peel puts them off too. Not that I tried it.

Citrus peel did not work for me, but pepper dust worked for a couple of friends

My parents in law used a type of additional fencing around their garden to keep cats out, it was angled quite steeply, so that the highest point was the top and the cats couldn't get in, they used 18 inch trellis as the additional fencing and so far it has worked

to illustrate it crudely it was like this, imagine that the outmost point of the top is the exterior of your boundary so the cat gets to the top but can't get over it as there is nothing to cling to on the other side due to the drop?

\
\
\
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back