Caulking Bath With Rounded Wood Between Bath and Tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering how to go about caulking this particular bath, that has a rounded wood placed between the tiles and bath and come out with one flush finish?

Picture attached, I am a complete newbie when it comes to caulking but have a good idea of the basics. Any advice would be greatly appropriated and am happy to post pictures as i go.

Thanks guys.

Sal (y)

Attachments

• 20200513_125603.jpg
    20200513_125603.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 211
Sponsored Links
After you remove the timber you will need to remove the old silicone. Removing silicone properly is very time consuming.

Use a combination of very sharp chisels and a Stanley knife, ensuring that you don't scratch the tiles. You need to get rid of all of the silicone- silicone doesn't adhere to old silicone. It might look like it is gone after you first run the chisel over but if you run a dusty/dirty finger over the supposedly cleaned area you are bound to discolour any remaining silicone

Before I run a bead of silicone I wash the area with meths or isopropyl alcohol to degrease the surfaces.

A silicone profiling tool will help, as will diluted washing up liquid.

The following video should help. I haven't watched the whole of it but the bits I did see seem to be on the money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back