Cavity floorbox in a solid floor

Sounds like a good idea to me. I have installed floor boxes in a concrete floors before it was a messy job. I used an angle grinder to cut the hole. I would install a couple of tubes for future use though.

G.T.S:cool:

Sponsored Links
I'm currently emptying the garage before I get the sthil saw out. Even with a hose attatched, its going to make a horrible mess :cry: :cry:

Suprising what you find. Anyone need some glands for 4L2.5 pyro? :LOL:

Sounds good to me. A flex from the ceiling would always be getting in the way.

By the way, Rocky, under what conditions can strobing occur? Is it when the rotational speed of a machine exactly matches the 50kHz supply of a fluorescent fitting? I only use fluorescent lighting in my workshops, and I've never seen a moving blade looking stationary.

Don't know exactly,maybe as Jonn D says.
we was taught it at college before HF lighting was out.

When I was an apprentice they seemed to only use twin switch/start fittings.

For One side of the fitting, inside it had a capacitor in series with the choke unit.
Causing the two tubes to be out of phase with each other.

Not sure if they are still made now.
I would suppose they would have only been safer if both tubes work in the first place.

There is a reg in the 17th now 559.9

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back