Cavity Insulation - They left holes open in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We recently had a company around to provide cavity wall and loft insulation.

After they had left, we noticed that they had left holes in the outside brickwork, without pointing them up. You can see all the "foam" inside the cavity. No one mentioned anything to us about leaving the holes "open".

Should these be left for ventilation etc? or do they need pointing up with a bit of cement? Does it sound like we employed a "cowboy" company that simply couldn't be bothered to finish the job?

Thanks for any help :),
Shockfire.

Sponsored Links
Did they look like this?

wild_west_tombstone.jpg

:LOL:

TBH I hope you didnt pay or pay very much, there's a lot of local and government money to pay for this sort of thing at the moment.

Friend of mine just had his 3 bed semi done for £99

Sponsored Links
It would have been someplace in the contract if they were to refill the holes or not.. check the docs.. some companies only refill if specifically asked to..

Like some plumbers leave you without water unless you ask :LOL: ;)

It was done for free on some Government-scheme so it's not too bad, will just point them up myself sometime instead.

Still, wonder how many houses are left out there with massive holes left all over their walls.

Did they look like this?

Funnily enough, very similar :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back