CCleaner Browser

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever managed to delete this programme?
I have managed to uninstall CCleaner, and shall never touch it again, but the browser refuses to go.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice.
I had a look in Task Manager, and there is no trace of the programme. I suppose that makes sense as I earlier tried to delete it by changing its name! Actually, there is no sign of any changed name either, so I'm happy that at least the thing won't run now.
However, 'CCleaner Browser' still appears in Apps and Features, though I receive the message that Windows can't find the software (presumably because I changed the name!).
No matter. One extra bit of rubbish deposited somewhere on the computer certainly won't be alone, just as long as it won't run.

The moral of the story: never download CCleaner (as it drags CCleaner Browser with it) again. Actually, I have read that it is completely unnecessary as Windows 10 does anything it used to do anyway!

yeah, I've not used any additional virus, cache tools since I've been on Windows 10 and not had any problems.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice.
I had a look in Task Manager, and there is no trace of the programme. I suppose that makes sense as I earlier tried to delete it by changing its name! Actually, there is no sign of any changed name either, so I'm happy that at least the thing won't run now.
However, 'CCleaner Browser' still appears in Apps and Features, though I receive the message that Windows can't find the software (presumably because I changed the name!).
No matter. One extra bit of rubbish deposited somewhere on the computer certainly won't be alone, just as long as it won't run.

The moral of the story: never download CCleaner (as it drags CCleaner Browser with it) again. Actually, I have read that it is completely unnecessary as Windows 10 does anything it used to do anyway!
When you install CCleaner simply untick the box that installs their browser and all will be well. No need to automatically install it if you don't want to.

When you install CCleaner simply untick the box that installs their browser and all will be well. No need to automatically install it if you don't want to.
Thank you. I should have noticed that. Nevertheless, just another marketing ploy tagged on to a download. I don't really need CCleaner now anyway as there are other things which prevent rubbish accumulating.

Fair comment, but it's still a useful tool to have around to sniff out nasties that others might miss. It doesn't take up much room on the HD so why not?

The following might give you more uninstall options:

Start menu -> Run -> Control panel -> Programs and Features

or get IOBIT Uninstaller to make sure residual traces are removed, too.;)
Sure, uninstall something and then install something else on it. Can't you see the OP is having enough hassle already?

I welcome all the well-meant advice. Thank you all for your interest and help.

After, he can install cclean to uninstall IOBIT.
But you'd need the paid version to do that. You can do that, of course, but IOBIT - or any uninstall prog, for that matter - will remove all kinds of files that linger in sub-folders and cannot be reached by MSoft cleaner.

Sponsored Links
Back