1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

CCTV and Flood light

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by tazuk123, 3 Dec 2019 at 11:25 PM.

1. tazuk123

tazuk123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I had a handyman come and fit a Nest outdoor camera for me today and a floodlight. He asked me where I wanted it fitting and he did a great job the only issue is my own stupidity. When I looked at the cabling and trunking from the inside I realised I had made a huge mistake and now have no idea how to fix it. I have the horrible trunking in my daughters room and thinking of the best way to hide it or any ideas would be so helpful. The camera had to be at a height were I can adjust from the window without needed ladders and couldn’t go under the window as it wasn’t high enough.

Attached Files:

2. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That what you get with a “ handy man “ and not a professional ...

3. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The trunking will no doubt be the sticky backed version and will soon come adrift. The way to fix it, is to chop the cable into the plaster, cap it to protect it and plaster over it.

4. The Baker

The Baker

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The simple answer is bigger curtains:)

5. scott1980

scott1980

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Oh dear, I think most of our customers would shoot me if I left a job looking like that! Also, he appears to have run the mains wiring for the floodlight and the low voltage power supply wiring to the camera within the same trunking, which is a big no no.

What is that to the left of the the third photo? Fitted wardrobes? The trunking would have probably been better off in there, then pick up a mains supply in the loft. Either that or run a full length of trunking up the corner and caulk the edges with some decorators filler, would have looked miles better than straight up the middle of the wall and stopping halfway up.

6. Handymanjo

Handymanjo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wait till the boiler kicks in and the camera only sees mist across the Lens !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2