CCTV cable question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I'm wanting to upgrade my cctv sytem.The one I have in place is a bundle I bought with one camera connected to a DVR.The cable from the camera has your usual connections.The power and the video.The problem I had with this was drilling a fairly large hole in the wall to pass this cable through.What I'm wanting to do is add a couple more cameras but I'm wanting to buy a reel of the RG59 cable without the connections so I can pass the cable through any walls without the need for large holes and then place the connectors on each end.If I cut the connectors off the ends of the cameras and pass this through the wall what connections do I then need to buy to connect them to the reel of cable to extend to the dvr.I also want to know what connectors I need for the reel itself.
The system I have is this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013IA13V8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the cable I'm going to use is this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006IDNML2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AKFGAZY9PI941

I just need to know which connectors I need to reattach to the cameras to then attach to the cable .Again with guidance on what connectors I need.With links if possible.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
the bnc connectors are shown when you click on cable link, then you can also see the 5.5mm x 2.1mm DC Power Cable Connector you want the ones that will plug into the camera end and plug into the power adapter end wasn't sure if its male or female as couldn't see the connectors properly on the adapters and cameras.

you will need 4 bnc and 4 power for 2 camera system.

Sponsored Links
It probably is both, what with one part being for the power, and the other for the signal.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back