CCTV Camera gone Black and White

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
One camera on my setup (16ch NVR Qvis Quattro) has gone black and white.
It was working perfectly, but since it lost colour, i have checked connections at DVR end/cleaned the lens/Flashed light into the sensor (which didnt activate colour mode)/covered and uncovered the lens to hear the 'click' of the cam going in and out of IR mode.
Cameras are all TVI. The channel type is set to AHDH x 16 (is this correct?)
Does anyone know what else to check apart from replacing the camera?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Power camera down and then 're apply power to that camera
Are you using balun as a connector ?
Could be faulty Balun

As above, if no different try changing camera inputs over at DVR end to confirm camera issue.

Hi, thanks for the replies.
Using male 2.1mm dc power connectors on the cams with a qvis 18 port 20a power unit.
I have tried connecting the cams at the dvr to another spare port with the same black and white picture.

Sponsored Links
Are they connected to dvr via bnc connector or a Balun ?
Possible faulty camera

Hi,
One camera on my setup (16ch NVR Qvis Quattro) has gone black and white.
It was working perfectly, but since it lost colour, i have checked connections at DVR end/cleaned the lens/Flashed light into the sensor (which didnt activate colour mode)/covered and uncovered the lens to hear the 'click' of the cam going in and out of IR mode.
Cameras are all TVI. The channel type is set to AHDH x 16 (is this correct?)
Does anyone know what else to check apart from replacing the camera?
Thanks in advance.

Is there an option for TVI instead of AHD ? As they are different formats , is the camera a multi format camera ?

you have 16 cameras and one has gone B&W, working perfectly for how long?

They are all TVI but DVR/NVR is set to AHD?

sorry I don't follow if all the other cameras are okay, it would strongly point to one camera / cable/setup etc being the issue, you can swap cameras round easy enough if they are all the same type.

you should obviously have the correct setup/ mode for each camera,

@sparky
There isnt an option in the channel type for TVI unfortunately, else i would have selected that.
Yeah camera is a 4in1 onyx so can set the type of camera up during installation.

@secureiam
Everything has worked fine for over 18months
I will take down the cam this week and try different cable and port - already tried to plug the DVR side cable into another port without joy.

Thanks.

Is the type with the joystick ( push for 5 secs in one direction for TVI/CBS/AHD/CVI) power down and reselect AHD

Is the type with the joystick ( push for 5 secs in one direction for TVI/CBS/AHD/CVI) power down and reselect AHD

Sorry for delay. I’ve taken the camera off.
Has no joystick on there.
The cam does click when I cover the lens but does not go colour when I uncover.
I’ve tried a different rg59 cable and still b&w

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back