CCTV Camera spec

L

LooPrEvil

Could you pro's please provide me with a decent camera spec for monitoring my driveway. The light is not particularly good at night and does not get direct sunlight during the day. the area to cover is about 10 metres x 6 metres.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I thought the Pro's would have been able to offer some info, maybe the question was more difficult than I thought it would be for them :cry:

We can give a general view .
But for a correct answer post a photo of the area to be protected.
Obviously not giving out location details.

Are you looking for facial recognition or just a observation of the area?

We can give a general view .
But for a correct answer post a photo of the area to be protected.
Obviously not giving out location details.

Are you looking for facial recognition or just a observation of the area?

Cheers Alarm. Sorry I do not have a digital camera so cannot upload photos.

Its for a deterrent but a decent quality to allow recognition would be good.

Sponsored Links
It can be a stand off, a wide view and facial recognition.
If you can spare a few quid then a mega pixel camera will do what you need, but the DVR would have to be of decent quality as well, not the £300 quid things mentioned here frequently.

Some decent lighting would assist, ( which would assist a crim !!). A LED camera is good but can cause its own issues hence we would use separate lighting where possible.

I would suggest a "Night Devil" but the suppliers do not sell to non trade. Perhaps a Google might help.

I have seen this with some good results, the lens has a variety of settings, as before each will be good but not perfect for every situation. The LED is slightly offset from the lens which helps against reflection.

http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/Colour_CCTV_Camera_Sony_CCD.html

As always, much appreciated. Thanks.

I could always put up couple of cameras rather than one, would that make any difference?

I dont see the point having cameras that dont allow you to clearly identify a possible offender.

As always, much appreciated. Thanks.

I could always put up couple of cameras rather than one, would that make any difference?

I dont see the point having cameras that dont allow you to clearly identify a possible offender.

Any offers of assistance thanks?

Sorry a bit slow tonight, think its a bug going around.
Yes two would be good, as you could then get facials at two points.

Probably one camera with a 6mm lens and another with a10mm ( But you can get a 4-12 mm varifocal). Fitted about 3mtrs high.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back