CCtv Dvr noise.

H

harry0harry

Hi all,i a want a cctv system installed (either my diy or a professional) my question is where to site the dvr,i would like it next to my desktop pc in my lounge but I believe these can be noisey in operation.
I plan on 8 cameras to start with and then more in the future so a 16 channel dvr is required with built in dvd and 1tb memory my budget is approx. £450.00 for dvr.
So far I have read about an alien eko unit which has all of the above but does anyone know if the noise from the dvr be a problem.

Thank you.

Harrry.

Sponsored Links
DVrs are very quiet, and are coming down in price massively. There is the new touch screen systems now that are very stylish. You can get a 16 channel with DVD and 2tb for about £220. Excellent record quality. I have 8 cameras on my house the DVr sits on next to my desktop and the screen on top of the desk.

Hope this helps

Dvr's aren't noisey. They are not much different in principle to your PC, and will probably be even quieter than the pc itself!

Sponsored Links
I found mine to be a bit noisy so have sited it up in the loft, and you can't hear it in the house at all.

It's also convenient for the cable runs too when it's up there.

You don't really ever need to get to the DVR as everything can be controlled via your PC over your LAN network.

I have an alien DVR at home and its been spot on. It has resulted in two successful police prosecutions and one case which is still under investigation.

I must admit that siting the dvr in the loft is a good idea and something that I also considered - what good is it having cctv if the dvr can be easily nicked?!!

I did not connect my system to the LAN hence I could not take this approach. But I do intend finding out how to do it, and then relocate the dvr.

It's dead easy. If there's an RJ45 socket on your router then you just run a cat 5 cable from that socket to the matching socket on the DVR.

Then you just put the DVRs IP address into your web browser as if it were a web site.

It's dead easy. If there's an RJ45 socket on your router then you just run a cat 5 cable from that socket to the matching socket on the DVR.

Then you just put the DVRs IP address into your web browser as if it were a web site.

I'll check it out thanks. Will that then allow me to view direct from a mobile, or is it more complicated than that?

RF Lighting";p="2754098 said:
I found mine to be a bit noisy so have sited it up in the loft, and you can't hear it in the house at all.

It's also convenient for the cable runs too when it's up there.

You don't really ever need to get to the DVR as everything can be controlled via your PC over your LAN network.

Thank you,well its going in the loft now. well once I clean the place up.

Great advice. and yes I have a few more questions. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back