CCTV recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know most of you installers recommend the HIK Vision equipment but are there any other makes you guys would recommend at comparable price and quality. I am looking for a 4 camera kit, and am unsure at the moment as to POE or analogue. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Your not going to get anything cheaper than hikvision unless you want cheap non supported tat !
They also do power over coax now on TVI cameras , unless you want your system to do something out of the ordinary stick with TVI Cameras

Thanks Sparkymarka, wasn't looking for cheaper just looking for HIK vision alternative. Is the power over coax the shotgun coax cable?. Are there any real benefits of POE over TVI for a faily standard domestic install? not looking to do anything special just looking for good quality images.

A 5mp ip camera will use the same front end as a 5mp TVI camera, so your paying maybe twice as much per camera for the back end you don't need , so standard TVI will need a shotgun cable plus a power supply , the new power over coax will just need a coax ( power supplied by dvr up the coax )

Sponsored Links
I agree with sparkymarka, a Turbo 4 TVI setup is fine for most domestic installs, I’ve just done a couple using the following kit. (4 channel)

Hikvision DS-7204HUHI-K1 Turbo 4 DVR (5 mp)
WD Purple 4TB HDD
4 x DS-2CE56H1T-IT3 5mp cameras (2.8mm and 3.6mm)
Power supply
100 mtrs cat5e cable
4 pairs HD TVI baluns
RJ45 crimp tool and plugs

I use the cat5e to “future proof” the install as much as possible, it’s easy to install plain end cable through holes etc and terminate with RJ45 plugs in situ.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back