CCTV system with Noise Activation

Assuming that your system is multicamera, the alert creates a marker.
You then go to the time stamp and can look at each camera.
At least, that’s what most seem to do.

basically, it’s the same as if a gate camera triggers an alert, because the intruder walks past. But you can go to the multiplex and check all cameras to follow the intruder’s route. The alert is just to trigger a reference point
That assumes that all cameras are recording manually and permanently.
If one is using motion activation on other cameras, noise activation (if such functionality exists) on one camera will not activate other cameras that are operating in a motion detection mode.
But I get what you are saying, it would require at least one camera to be operating in manual, permanent recording mode, and another camera to record on motion detection (i.e. the light being triggered).

Sponsored Links
yes, my missunderstanding of your system.
All the ones I have dealt with record multi camera, 24/7.
They go to a HDD and can identify events so you simply scroll to the next event flagged and can watch any camera at that point.
Once the HDD is full, it simply records over the earliest recording first.

A lot of cameras these days can record noise. The trick is in being able to activate the camera to noise, and/or to create some kind of marker on the playback line to indicate where the noise activation occurred, as you can already do with motion detection.
Playback in any fast or reverse mode does not play the noise, that is muted. So to detect any noise one has to play the whole period in question at normal speed.
Therefore one ends up in a 'Groundhog Day' scenario.

Yes, the nest camera does the above with different markers for people talking, dog barking and other noises.

Andy

I haven't read the whole thread but I have an external Nest camera and it has a setting for recording noise.

Andy
I've been looking at this system, but the web sites selling it are awfully light on detail. The nearest I can get to any sort of detail is that only 3 hours of data is stored. There's no information on the app, extending the storage, extracting any files, battery life, etc.

Sponsored Links
You pay an extra £5 per month and it stores 1 week of footage, or you can pay more for 30 days.

Andy

Sounds like a decent option in that it separates out the types of noises too.

nowhere really with the stuff I use without being prohibitively expensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back