CCTV system with Noise Activation

C1F6D32C-BBE7-4036-AC6E-CC84ACF2AC66.png

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but with a price tag of £5k for the basic outdoor kit, plus another north of £1k for 10 days data storage, and needing a degree in machine language programming (check the manual.pdf for setting and querying time and date) for a piece of professional kit that serves no other function, it's a tad OTT. I don't need anything near approaching the level of sophistication, accuracy or functionality.

Qvis claimed there cognito cameras could do this with Audio exception.

However I am unable to verify this and you may want to ask questions to check it meets your requirements maybe ask if they have a video example you can watch.

It may be possible to do this on other brands but asking around no one has mentioned a solution however like many things not everyone is aware of the fully functionality of what they make or sell.

Taken from a cognito manual.

System can generate an alarm once it detect the audio is not clear, the tone color has
changed or there is abnormal or audio volume changes

Might be worth a look, the question will be cost I suspect

Sponsored Links
Hi, I am looking into this on a hikvision system at the minute out of interest from your query, however trying to establish the setup as it doesnt at first glance appear to be simple, but never needed to do this maybe someone has already and trying to consult others.

The audio exception sound change of volume is an option within the NVR and a few of the cameras I have available, as is numerous other options as a normal event.

I will update you after this weekend with how I got on

On a separate issue. With my CCTV, while the files are available on the recorder, I can zoom into an area of the screen, on immediate playback, or on normal playback of days ago. I can do this simply with the "+" button on the menu of the app, or the scroll wheel on the mouse when viewing from the recorder.
However, when I have copied that file onto a memory stick, I no longer have the option to use the CCTV app to view that file. And in time that file will be overwritten.
I can of course play the file as a video from that memory stick, but with my current (free) video playing apps, I do not have the ability to zoom into any part of the screen.
So does anyone know of either of a video playing app that has this functionality so that I can use it for the video files on the memory stick, or any way that I could protect individual files on the recorder from being overwritten, or some other method to achieve what I want to do?

one rather heath Robinson method would be to use a sound activated light within a box, with a camera in it.
The mic picks up the sound, turns on a light, which is seen by the camera.
This "could" be set to trigger an "event" on the CCTV recording.
Also, just by scrolling through at high speed, the multiscreen video of the whole multiplex would show up as a blown out image where it was previously black.
It doesn't need to be more than a couple of LEDs in a bit of drainpipe, so long as a noise activates the LEDs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Control-MR...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Heath Robinson maybe, but I'd be very tempted to connect the switch to a floodlight aimed at the neighbours windows.
Except I'd probably be as an inconsiderate neighbour as they are.
Then I'd have to think about daylight operation because I don't think it would work in the daylight, If it was in a lightproof box, it would reduce the sound also. Or I'd need one camera in the box, to initiate recording by another camera, not in the box.

the advantage of doing it Heath Robinson is that all it needs is a coke can or something containing the lights. maybe even just a 35mm film can shoved over the lens.
The sudden activation of the light creates an easy to identify alarm/change of state.
The trick is using a mic sensitive enough to hear whatever disturbance happens yet not go off every time the wind blows.
Creating a sound to light is easier probably than sound to camera trigger.

the advantage of doing it Heath Robinson is that all it needs is a coke can or something containing the lights. maybe even just a 35mm film can shoved over the lens.
The sudden activation of the light creates an easy to identify alarm/change of state.
The trick is using a mic sensitive enough to hear whatever disturbance happens yet not go off every time the wind blows.
Creating a sound to light is easier probably than sound to camera trigger.
That doesn't get around the problem of one camera activation triggering another camera activation to record the sound, unless it's the same camera doing both jobs, and a camera inside a box or som'at will always be questionable for recording sound.

Assuming that your system is multicamera, the alert creates a marker.
You then go to the time stamp and can look at each camera.
At least, that’s what most seem to do.

basically, it’s the same as if a gate camera triggers an alert, because the intruder walks past. But you can go to the multiplex and check all cameras to follow the intruder’s route. The alert is just to trigger a reference point

I haven't read the whole thread but I have an external Nest camera and it has a setting for recording noise.

Andy

I haven't read the whole thread but I have an external Nest camera and it has a setting for recording noise.

Andy
A lot of cameras these days can record noise. The trick is in being able to activate the camera to noise, and/or to create some kind of marker on the playback line to indicate where the noise activation occurred, as you can already do with motion detection.
Playback in any fast or reverse mode does not play the noise, that is muted. So to detect any noise one has to play the whole period in question at normal speed.
Therefore one ends up in a 'Groundhog Day' scenario.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back