CCTV to safeguard....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_of_scotland/6293823.stm]BBC [/url] said:
...Speed cameras in the Scottish Borders may soon be monitored by security cameras to protect them from vandals.
It is among the measures being considered by the Lothian and Borders Safety Camera Partnership.
There have been seven camera attacks in just three years, with machines being set alight, damaged or pulled over...

Then another to protect the other ... :D :D

Sponsored Links
Galena1 said:
Only a b****y bureaucrat ....................

Do you have another adjective that you use? I note you use this one as a preference.

I'm not a bureaucrat, but I thought of this method to protect cameras more than ten years ago. I presume people who hate speed cameras think it's ok to do whatever speed they like, whereever they like, but expect everyone else to stick to the speed limit where they live. Rather like the thieves plundering the containers washed up at Branscombe, while expecting everyone else to be honest.

Oh dear, I seem to have upset you Oilman. Not my intention I assure you. I have seen worse implied on this site. I shall temper my future comments accordingly :D

Sponsored Links
didnt the east germans try that on the border about 25 years ago?

Maybe that should read "there have been just 7 camera attacks in 3 years"
So now they are going to put cameras up watching every one? how much is that going to cost in comparison to 7 new or repaired cameras?
And what good will cathing the culprits do? even until this week they would have got a slap on the wrist, now with the prisons full and judges being advised to not send peole down, they have nothing to gain.

The CCTV will catch all the villains

Except the ones who've invested £1.99 in one of these
9c_2.JPG

Back