CCTV which one from these two?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
gents just after a bit of advice , a relative has asked me to fit one with two cameras and I only have a basic knowledge and they have a budget of around £300 max so I think I have got it down to two systems.. anyone shed any light on the good/bad part of my choices...or anyone got a better system I could get..here is the two

http://hdcctv.co.uk/collections/2-c...xternal-2-bullet-camera-cctv-kit-iqs960b2-1tb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517696...49&var=510396888795&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

thanks in advance

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
The words " pre focused " appear in the camera description. Without knowing the distance between camera and the area of interest the camera cannot be accurately "pre-focused". What is most likely is the camera is a pin hole camera which has a very deep depth of focus so will produce reasonable images of objects irrespective of distance between the camera and the objects. But pin hole cameras have an extremely small aperture and therefore require a lot more illumination on the object to produce a useable image in the camera.

Both are junk in fairness but for the money what can you say..........

All this HD nonsense is just a con..........

Is remote monitoring something you want? The last couple of DVRs I setup for remote monitoring were made by Swann, they see to work well and have a free dynamic ddns service.

Sponsored Links
Both are junk in fairness but for the money what can you say..........

All this HD nonsense is just a con..........

As I said I am not to clued up on these so recommendations would be fantastic for a kit... spoke to my relative and advised having deeper pockets if a decent one is required, looking at them there is so much choice so any help would be appreciated

Is remote monitoring something you want? The last couple of DVRs I setup for remote monitoring were made by Swann, they see to work well and have a free dynamic ddns service.

Not sure as it was not mentioned but will find out the weekend

My personal favourite is the Samsung SRD-470.........you can get for about 370 inc vat

We have nearly 100 units in field and weve never had any issues with these machines............

The basic unit is also good for the money...SRD-443 ......not fitted so many BUT again its Samsung not Swann......

If you want to guage the quality of Swann, look on ebay and you will see many "seconds" that in fact are warranty returns and then sold off cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back