1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

CCTV x 6 cables, TV, Sat cables x 2, and Ethenet cable...?

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by GazSuttonUK, 12 Jan 2020.

1. GazSuttonUK

GazSuttonUK

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ive got my lounge gutted at the moment and about to chisel out for back boxes......and Im completely lost on what wall plates to use to fit:-

TV Arial(Freeview) x 1
    FreeSat cables x 2
    Ethernet cable(for Firestick)
    CCTV cables x 6

Many thanks for any help...

2. Sponsored Links
  3. OwainDIYer

OwainDIYer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Do you actually need to bring 6 x cctv cables into the lounge? Usually one video cable from the DVR and a mouse extension if appliccable. Or modulate the camera feeds onto TV channels if you want individual cameras selectable from the TV. Aerial and Sat can be on F connectors (and you can duplex TV, DAB and FM Aerial on one of the Sat leads), CCTV will usually be on BNC.

4. mattylad

mattylad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    double or triple up on the ethernet cable, there are often other things that want a connection to the router (where is that?) such as PD4, Xbox, TV and so on.
    Fitting more cables will save the pain in the future.

As above, CCTV in the lounge? I'd rather have my CCTV setup hidden away somewhere safe and feed a single display connection + ethernet to it than have it all sat there ready for someone to pinch should I get burgled. The wife would hate having to dust it all too. (not that I have cctv).

Sponsored Links