CCTV

J

johnsville

Looking at a CCTV setup with 3 outside cameras - maybe one inside A few questions:

1. Are wireless cameras any good?
2. Need to flip through cameras from the living TV screen not via a monitor in the cupboard. How is this done and who makes the kit?
3. Any idea on setup?
4. Any idea on a good maker?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Cupboard in the hall. The lot can go there, even a small monitor. Want to look at each monitor from the TV screen, which makes sense.

Sponsored Links
thanks. How do you flip from camera to camera on a TV screen? Special remote control? Adaptor? How is it done?

To add. The TV will come from an outside aerial and probably to a booster that will feed 4 TV points.

How do I connect from the DVR onto the TV setup?
Do I take a cable from the DVR into the booster? branch into the lone from the aerial and tee in DVR, then to the booster?

All still vague. :(

feed the composite (BNC) connection from your DVR to a scart adapter into the back of you TV (use spare port on tv)

that should do it fine.

i does work as we have two clients that have the DVR in the back room with VGA monitor, then a link thro the loft to the spare scart connection on the plasma tv in the bedroom.

job done

Oasis

As for flipping thru.
Could prog it as a spot monitor and have it cycle.
Use a split screen. ( All 3 at once)
Use ( if it has it) Motion detect and display. ( should do).

feed the composite (BNC) connection from your DVR to a scart adapter into the back of you TV (use spare port on tv)

that should do it fine.

i does work as we have two clients that have the DVR in the back room with VGA monitor, then a link thro the loft to the spare scart connection on the plasma tv in the bedroom.

job done

Oasis

Thanks. The problem is that a separate cable will need to be run. I would like to connect the DVR into the TV aerial runs, preferably before the booster, so all TV points can pick it up. Running a new cable for the DVR is out of the question.

You would need a splitter, more likley what is called a "Diplexer"
This would split the CCTV signal from the TV channels and allow the existing one (1) cable to be used.
Never had to do this but it looks the correct route, as always if someone knows better please jump in.

Thanks. The problem is that a separate cable will need to be run. I would like to connect the DVR into the TV aerial runs, preferably before the booster, so all TV points can pick it up. Running a new cable for the DVR is out of the question.
Just how near/far from the tv coax is/will the DVR be?
You're going to have to run another coax from the DVR to some point.

Getting from DVR to ariel is easy. Get from DVR to TV points is not. DVR is in its location to wire up the cameras and it is the only place it can go.

just doing a quote for a CCTV system on a domestic, Alarm, were do i get a `diplexer`?
he wants the same, but cabling will be a bit of a nightmare!

Have not used one/known about them?

suppliers? spec?

Ta in advance

Oasis

just doing a quote for a CCTV system on a domestic, Alarm, were do i get a `diplexer`?
he wants the same, but cabling will be a bit of a nightmare!

Have not used one/known about them?

suppliers? spec?

Ta in advance

Oasis
CPC may be a good place to look. They tend to have kit for every eventuality. Sometimes too much choice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back