CDA CVC10 Coffee Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the above coffee machine and it has started giving me an error when I try to make a coffee.

Grinder Lock.

It starts up OK, runs a clean cycle, and heats the water, then it clicks just when it should start grinding.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Yep....the grinder is locked :rolleyes:
If you haven't already done it check for a jam in the works (stone, twig etc). Then turn the control knob fully anticlockwise & try again. If no-go & the machine is under 12 months old claim a warranty repair. Alternatively CDA advertize a 5 year guarantee on parts. Tell them you want a new grinder unit & you'll fit it yourself.

Thank you.

called them and they do not supply parts, but will send an engineer for £89 and fit any parts needed under the warranty.

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
How old is this machine? Why don't you try to nail them with a "fit for use" clause (I assume it is under 5 years old). Providing you haven't done anything wrong then it isn't "fit for use" if it busts before it has reached 5 years.

It is just over a year old now, been working perfect, all this time, I get though a LOT of coffee, hehe, so it is well used.

Will call them again this morning, to make a booking and see what they say.

Engineer has been, never seen this fault before,

Ordered a new Grinder and Micro Switch.

I might have coffee at some point :)

My cda experiences are limited to this coffee machine. But I have to warn people, their customer responsiveness, service and sense of responsibility has been a disgrace. I would never dream of using them again. 1300 quid machine, unusable for >75% of time I owned it (either waiting for engineer or machine with them). They finally gave me a brand new machine after 5 months. It lasted less than 4 weeks before grinder lock fault. And I now have to endure their comedy customer service to try and get repair or ideally my money back. Even in this era of increasingly laughable customer service, these guys get gold medal by a long long way.

Never seen this before - my a***e. I have exactly same problem, on second machine, 1st one several faults - second one Grinder Lock and not able to start - fitted new one Thursday, got one cup and then on second...Grinder Lock - I have had to come home from work over 7 times now to let them look at it (since 1st machine) and one 2 occasions parts they ordered were wrong - they are absolutely terrible and have now asked for a refund from the people I bought it from as this is under a year old and it is their responsibility. Engineer who came says he has had to replace several grinders, not just mine. Machine is so expensive and a treat for myself after my Mum died and it has given me nothing but trouble and when it broke again day after being fixed I could have cried if I were so bloody angry - Incidentally I have the CVC 11 version- the improved version...........

Interesting, I also have the 11 now, and it has been perfect, over 1000 cups so far and touch wood no issues.

Apparently the transfer mech has changed on the 11. Must say I'm happy now, but took ages to get to it.

You are lucky and I hope you remain that way because my engineer advised me that it was quite a common problem - not every machine but quite a lot considering the machine has only bee out around a year (when he first worked on mine, it was the 1st he had seen). He didn't know much about it and even argued with me about it not making 2 cups at a time.... until I showed him the manual and the cunning button on the machine for choosing either 1 or 2 cups.... I fear I am going to have to resort to the small claims court, but hope it doesn't go that far - I just want rid of it as the stress has gotten me down - I don't even want compensation for the missed work etc - I just want a straight refund - Again I hope your machine gives your years more pleasure :)

I feel your pain, and I really hope you get your cash back. as you say is a very expensive machine and you should not have these issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back