CDA CW494 dishwasher removal hassle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The CDA CW494 fits inside a cupboard.

It installed by the previous handy man owner of the house.

Two adjustable legs at the front with a single center caster wheel at the back.

I was trying to remove yesterday to investigate a water leak.

No fixings at the front but with the plinth off, the casing seems stuck at the rear top.

I lowered the front legs to ease pull out but pulling on the open door, it pivots as though held at the back.

The cabinet units are in the kitchen center, not running along a wall and have a marble top.

Is it usual to have a fixing at the top on the rear side of a dishwasher?

Sponsored Links
Not normally no, how would it be accessed if there was one? The rear can often be raised/lowered from the front. There is normally a long screw that runs front to back to facilitate such action.

What I guessing is that the cupboard were installed, then appliances and then the marble top glued on.

I admit, the fact that the dishwasher won't pull out is baffling but something seems to have hold of it. The opposite wood panel is fixed in with steel L brackets so it may be wise to try and remove the panel to find the culprit.

Could be some as simple as sharp edges in the dishwasher are catching on the wood panels I suppose?

If it was fitted that way then it's very poor workmanship.

Take the panel off and have a good look. They can sometimes be just really tight in the space they're in.

Point 5.2 in the manual shows you the adjustment screw for the rear foot. Try undoing it fully.

Sponsored Links
Put your smartphone on a piece of wood. Slide it under facing up with the light on. See if you can get an image from the back.

In addition, how are you trying to get leverage on the dishwasher when pulling it out?

Standing to the side and trying to pull it out via gripping the unit is the hard way.

Standing in front, open the door so it is in the down position, crouch down, holding each corner of the door while it is flat. Then use the door to pull and wiggle.

You get a lot more leverage this way and can use your wight to pull backwards. The door is easily strong enough to do this.

Last edited:
Just to round this post off, I got the dishwasher removed today.

The problem was x2 metal bracket at the top, at the front, which weren't visible last time I tried to remove it.

This time I took the screws out of the cabinet side panel, pushed it out the way and could see the edge of the bracket and the screw. Had to lever the dishwasher away from the panel to get at the screws out.

The other hassle was the plastic screw foot at the back that had to screwed in to get the back low enough to get over the tile lip at the front.

The leak is underneath, LHS looking from the front so whether a perished seal or split pipe I don't know. Its not a drip, its a flood!

Going to get a new one so end of story.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back