ceiling damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a leak from loft watertank .
it was dripping from ceiling onto floor In hall and possibly running down inside a wall (covin Is stained, but wall feels dry).

the bathroom celing was bulging, so I screwdrivered it to release the water, and threw out all wet stuff in loft

I need to replace ceiling , but when looking at it from above , it looks like it goes into different rooms .

is this possible or does all rooms have its own ceiling and not crossing into different rooms??,

its a 1984 uk bungalow

Sponsored Links
It doesn't really matter, you cut out the damaged plaster, fit some noggins to allow the new piece to be screwed in, then tape and skim.

see guide

it has the bulge bit , and a hole, piece that broke off when trying to push it up was dark gray , so took on water , think 80% celing is like this

It does not matter if the damaged ceiling covers one room, or more. It is only the plasterboard you need to replace.

Sponsored Links
I will mark it out and cut along the damaged bits , dreading covering up the artex bits that will be left on bit I don't take down .
bathroom is 3x2 m

Have you thought of just attaching new plasterboard to the whole ceiling and then tape and skim? This is one way to get rid of the artex and will leave you with a ceiling only a cm lower than before.

that's what I was going to do , , my bathroom is tiled all over , I done the full bathroom remodel , but can't remember if ceiling is just in that room ,so when I rip it down it doesn't bring down part of celing in other adjacent rooms.

also need to find best way to snake a cable through fire block in wall for digital shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back