Ceiling light pendants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, was wondering wether anyone could help, I'm putting two hanging lamps either side of the bed from the ceiling and have been looking for a ceiling pendant that has a built in on/off cord, I know these have been available before but can't seem to find any on line. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the quick response, that's what I'm looking for but with a pull cord built in so it hangs below the shade as I'd rather not have a switch on the wall.
Is that what you mean by a cord grip? If so how does that connect?

No, the cord grip is to hold the flex in the lampholder securely.

See my edited post above.

Sponsored Links
Hi, yeah got your edited post just as I sent my last one, that's kind of what I'm looking for but that doesn't look like you can attach a lamp shade to it, and why does it have a threaded insert on top as I will need the cable to go from that to the rose on the ceiling.
Can't believe you've found this item anyway, I've been looking for ages.

The brass one looks fine but still no on/off cord

No, it doesn't.

The link for that is only there to show you the kind of cord grip you need to attach to the lampholder with the pullcord to make it compliant.

You can buy the cord grips seperately.

Here:

http://www.kingschandeliers.co.uk/chandelier-parts-and-accessories/10/3

Scroll down for CCG3, in black, or CCG30 in white.

But the lampholder looks metallic, so you may well need 3 core flex. This is crucial.

The other thing is that lampholder looks like it has a larger diameter compared to the standard size. This means your choice of shade will be restricted somewhat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back