Ceiling light question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was hoping someone could help me with a problem. I finally got round to trying to install the plaster ceiling rose in my daughters bedroom and at the same time I was changing the pendant shade. The ceiling light hasn't worked for ages in her room but we only ever use lamps in the house so it hasn't worried me - I thought it was just the bulb.

However on fitting everything and changing the bulb the light is still not working. On occasions it flickers on for a split second and goes out. The house was re-wired 9 months ago and I don't think this light has ever been right. I am hoping it is either a switch or a problem with the wiring coming into the ceiling rose but would appreciate anyone's thoughts. It is just a single bulb pendant and the switch is a standard single dimmer. PS all cables appear to be secure and connected properly. Confused!

Hope you can help out. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Can you drop the cover and post some pics? That would help us with the diagnosis.

Will do but will have to wait to tomorrow as the wee one is in bed now. Thanks though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back