ceiling Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm just fitting a new light(3way spot) into the ceiling of my daughters b'room. we have only just moved into the property and there was never a light fitting in this room. only the wires from the ceiling. I need your expert advice on fitting this light.. i have from the ceiling 4 red wires 2 black and 2 copper. how do i know using a multi meter which of the red are for the switch and which is live? I need to know also which to connect up to the 4 way connector block on the new light fitting. i have had the light up and working but have been unable to switch it off... and assistance would be great..

thanks Lee

Sponsored Links
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:blackswlive

In your case it sounds like you have a twin red cable to the switch.

This is shown as a red / black with red sleeve cable in the diagram in the link above.

I know the link is not exactly for your problem, but should help you on your way

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back