Ceiling plasterboard paint problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
13 year old house ...drylined varierty! Barratts build I think (never again)

1) Most of the ceiling boards have moved over time and previous numpty has tried to cover up line cracks badly. Apart from taking the whole lot down (expensive) can I get them skimmed even though emulsioned?

2) In some places the skimmed plaster has come away from the tacks ...whats the best way to reapply and paint?
:cry:

Sponsored Links
The ceilings can be re skimmed no problem. Prob put a coat of PVA on first though. Where the plaster has dropped off the nail heads i would dab a bit of decorators cailk on and touch up with emulsion. Might be an idea to dab the nail head with a bit of undercoat first.

If the nail heads have popped, it means the plasterboard isn't firmly fixed to the joists and will keep recurring.

In this situation I fit plasterboard screws about an inch away from each blown nailhead, remove the loose plaster from the nailhead and fill.

Sand then spot seal the filler with dilute emulsion - ready for full strength emulsion. Quick, easy and nae probs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back