ceiling question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just lowered a ceiling using plasterboard I had intended filling the joints with an appropriate filler. I realise now that i have used the wrong side of the board, i used the side that should be used for applying a skim when i should have used the drywall side. I don't want to plaster it unless absolutely necessary , although my joints are tight across the width of the ceiling (its a hall only a metre or so wide and 4 metres in length) I have like a small gap around where the wall meets plasterboard ceiling (about 3/8 ) Any ideas on how i should finish this ceiling without bringing in a plasterer?? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
how about fitting some coving?, not sure what sort of paint finish you will get on the wrong side of the board though!

You could use lining paper over the ceiling and caulk up the perimeters with Decorators Caulk.Keep the joints close and the paint will cover to leave a perfect finish.

I've got a lot to learn. What do you mean the wrong side of plasterboard?

You got the White paper side for the outside (to look at) and the brown paper side for the inside of the wall? or have I got this all wrong?

Lucky my extension is still on paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Sponsored Links
Knightswood said:
What do you mean the wrong side of plasterboard?
In theory,white side for artex and brown/grey for plaster.You can get plasterboard sealer to overcome it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back