Ceiling renewal to board over or rip down?

Thanks that was quick! I guess the plasterer knows what hes talking about! Would no more nails do the job just as good?

Nice one. Im a DIYa in my spare time. As you have already guessed!

Sponsored Links
it'll probably do the job, but as for how long it'll be before it starts moving again is anyones guess.

won't need much to do the job.

if you must use no more nails, wedge some bits of old brick or tiles round it to make it solid before hand. this should mean that the solilds are doing the job of holding the joist and the adhesive is just holding the solids in place.

Cheers mate,

Is the bay window the same do you think? Plaster and lathe? If it is thats next to be sorted.

Also how much would it roughly be to skim two 12x12" rooms and one 9x6". Had some quotes but not sure what going rate is. Both large rooms have chimney breasts and bay windows, so a few edges.

Sponsored Links
maybe it's the borrowers house?

not too sure what it costs, i've always worked for a company. So never got involved in pricing.

Think it's roughly £10/sqmtr for re-skim though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back