Ceiling rose wiring

Glad it's working ,but you should take heed of flameports post above. Unless you have put the terminal blocks/ wiring in an insulated enclosure ,within the base plate ,you need to re think . My original suggestion to use a junction box ( maintenance free type) with a flex from the JB to the fittings terminal block would be compliant.

Sponsored Links
Glad it's working ,but you should take heed of flameports post above. Unless you have put the terminal blocks/ wiring in an insulated enclosure ,within the base plate ,you need to re think . My original suggestion to use a junction box ( maintenance free type) with a flex from the JB to the fittings terminal block would be compliant.
and a unit that size may just take a wago box or the original rose.

and a unit that size may just take a wago box or the original rose.
Possibly ,but I don't think it's deep enough for a wago box.
With regard to the fittings supplied terminal block ,it's bare metal terminals in a plastic box,where is the " double" insulation ?
Surely the only insulation is the plastic box ?

Sponsored Links
Possibly ,but I don't think it's deep enough for a wago box.
With regard to the fittings supplied terminal block ,it's bare metal terminals in a plastic box,where is the " double" insulation ?
Surely the only insulation is the plastic box ?
Surely the only insulation for an electric drill is the plastic case...
What's your issue?

Double or reinforced insulation.
Double for wiring, as in single insulated wires are not.
Reinforced will be the plastic connector, or the body of the plastic drill.

Good point, going to speak to electrician to be sure. Disconnected for now to be safe.

Double or reinforced insulation.
True, but in this case there is actually no need for any of the insulation to be 'reinforced', is there? The live conductors within the connector box have 'single insulation', and the box itself, even if not 'reinforced' is a second layer of insulation - hence 'double insulation' (and no need for "or reinforced"), isn't it?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back