Ceiling Rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The previous owner removed the ceiling rose in the bedroom and replaced with spotlights (not very good ones) over the door. I wish to replace the rose and install a ceiling fan. Any helpful hints would be appreciated. I have removed polystyrene tiles from the ceiling and located wiring that used to feed to the rose.
Thank you in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
I assume previous owner found this wiring as well. If so you will need to re-connect your ceiling rose to wires using a junction box(or maybe 2, depending how they were routed).
The fan on light should be independent of light switch (hence the little pull switch) so it can work without the light on.
Oh and make sure you attach fan light to a joist or put in a stud as they're heavy and vibrate a lot !!!

Thanks for the information.
I have to let you know this is a weird coincidence. My name too is Beesley (spelling as you see is different and *smile* my nickname has always been Scobie.
Good luck
Ron

Sponsored Links
Apparently he was a jockey in the 60's/70's if I remember the playground joke right.

You're not that Scoby are you?

If so can me Dad have the money back he lost on you ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back