Ceiling speakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience with ceiling speakers and connecting them back in a zonal fashion to the computer

Sponsored Links
JBL Control speakers are brilliant. Get the larger diameter ones. Costly.

Couple these to a CLOUD multi zone mixer/amp. Again, costly, but excellent quality.

Sponsored Links
Well, if you fancy a setup like mine, its very cheap and works great.

Cabinate desceetly hidden in spare bedroom, that houses, a couple of amps, a cd/mp3/radio head unit, one that has IR remote control.

All speakers in cielings, a special waterproof one for the bathroom.

All this stuff is low voltage, as its design for a car... YES that right a car stereo wired up as a house entertainment system.

The IR remote wires were extended out to each speaker location.

It works a treat, great sound, music in every room, 5 rooms, IR remote controlled. total cost was less than 150 quids.....

Did you have any issues with the fact that car stereo speakers are 4 ohm?

How did you power the head unit?

Are the amps standard amps or car amps?

didnt have issues as i used car speakers, but decent ones.... removed the grills and sprayed them same colour as cielings.

the amps are just two 1000watt car amlifiers

Everything runs off 240v - 12v converters......

the project started as i wanted a low voltage system for use in the bathroom, but it grew and grew to each room....lol

Do you have a link to the 12v convertors you used? It'd need pretty hefty kit for a load like that surely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back