Ceiling Vapour Barrier - New Build (merged threads)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I am new to the forum. I have a new build finished and been living in this past year. The builder forgot to add vapour control layer to the ceilings as shown in red on the attached section image. 2 coats of emulsion paint have been provided to the ceilings. There are no visible issues but I just wish to be sure and prevent any future issues, if there are any. I have checked the condensation risk analysis on Elmhurst Energy for the ceiling at the eaves. It states there will be condensation here on the top layer of fibreglass but it is not a condensation risk. I assume this is due to the eaves and ridge vents providing enough ventilation. The ceiling joists at the ridge also do not have a VCL installed. The Xtratherm insulation has been installed between the rafters up to the ridge. There is no insulation below the rafters once it goes above the ceiling joists. Would there be any condensation issues here as I am unable to enter this situation into the Elmhurst software?

Attachments

• Section.jpg
    Section.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 261
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back