Celetex insulation fitting advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm converting our double garage into two separate room.
The stud wall is built and one side now has plasterboard fitted.
I am fitting 5omm celetex and using foil tape to seal it to the back of the cavity and the beams.
Do I still need to fit a moisture barrier before I fit the interior plasterboard? If so what should I use and where should I get it from?

Thanks
Darren

Sponsored Links
What did you describe with respect to construction details in your Building Regulations approval request to the council?

Building regs didn't apply as the area will not be lived in (it's going to be a reptile house) and the building is too small to be affected by building regs.

If it is to be a reptile house then I imagine it will be quite humid, so I would ensure an adequate barrier to the walls and ceiling and make sure suitable mechanical ventilation was provided to protect the main fabric.

Your question seems to be whether the foil backed insulation, coupled with foil tape across the joints and timbers, is sufficient as a barrier on its own. When I used the same construction to fill in a window opening on my property (subject to building regs) I was told that I still needed to fit a separate barrier. I'm not convinced it was needed or does anything at all in that position, but I had to do so to get the works signed off.

Sponsored Links
Would a plastic sheet do the job, could staple it to the beams before the inner plasterboard goes on? Does somewhere like wicked sell this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back