celing rose help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
is that picture how it was wired when you took down the old one? Or how you have wired it up?

because that wont work, you need to follow the diagram

I have the wired the live, neutral and earth as far I no is correct to the right connection but I have and wire with live and neutral not sure what to with them

This is the new one , the old one had the three normal wire going into the fan with the red one of the other wire connection to the fan saying for light connection the black one was not connected before

you have a switch wire and a permenant live & neutral.

You do not have two neutrals.

If you have a multimeter you can identify which is the switch wire by continuity testing both cores with the power off and opening and closing the switch.

you have a switch wire and a permenant live & neutral.

You do not have two neutrals.

If you have a multimeter you can identify which is the switch wire by continuity testing both cores with the power off and opening and closing the switch.

I don't have a multimeter , as far as new from when I put the fan on that the red, blue earth went into the correct pins but not sure about the others when I put the black of the other cable with the other neutral I got the light to stay on but would not switch off

if this is the only light controlled by the switch then you need to do as I said, turn the power off, put the meter on continuity and see which cable completes the circuit when you turn the switch to the 'On' position.

From there you can follow the diagram on the back of the rose

if this is the only light controlled by the switch then you need to do as I said, turn the power off, put the meter on continuity and see which cable completes the circuit when you turn the switch to the 'On' position.

I don't have a Metre but the diagram I cannot see clearly and yes it the only light on the switch in the bedroom

I don't have a Metre but the diagram I cannot see clearly and yes it the only light on the switch in the bedroom
If you don't have a meter then either call an electrician who has one or..

Turn the power off first - and make sure the circuit is dead.
Two reds to the centre terminals.
One of the black cables to the neutral (blue light cable terminal)
The other black cables to the switch live (brown light cable terminal).

If that does not work then you will have to swop the black cables around.

apolgies I misread your post. But as riveralt says.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back