Celotex in Loft/ Attic Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've some Celotex 150mm insulation boards left from flat roof insulation project and looking to use in loft floor which has some old insulation in.

Just checking that vapour barrier is still needed and that it is ok to lay as per below image, i.e. up and over the floor joists. The Celotex boards will then just run between the floor joists.

Also the insulation stuffed in the eaves, is this ok to stay or should it be removed as well.

Should add that the loft is just used for light storage.

CHeers

Inked20221115_191454.jpg

Sponsored Links
The eaves must be unblocked to enable ventilation of the loft.

I see the old insulation appears to be yellow fibreglass, which sheds irritant dust and fibres. So if it was me I would bag it up while wearing a mask and goggles, and hoover the loft clean before doing other work. I only use modern mineral wool treated with Ecose, which does not shed and is widely available (it is brown, and "Ecose" is printed on the packaging).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back