cement render or plasterboard + cracks in the wall not tied

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am in the middle of doing my bath room in a 1960 house the plaster on the stud walls was in bad condition water has been leaking from the bath and holes in the board where tiles was removed so have striped the walls and re boarded with foil backed board to stop moisture going out the bathroom and in to the loft and now to the questions

one wall is an outside wall small 1.8 meters long normal height with a window that was bonded plastered with a skim on top but it was old and crumbling so have removed all the old plaster and am renewing but want to know what is the best cement under coat with waterproofer with a skim or just dob and dab board and skim ?

also there is a small hairline crack not 0.3mm wide settling crack looking at the bricks they are not tied in very well brease block with a very small over lock to the next brick is there any point in trying to chissel out a slit and putting in a bar and cement or wall tie in and cement to try to hold it tighter or not worry about it

thanks angel

Sponsored Links
Do you have any pictures.
They can help a great deal with answering your questions.

i will try to post one or two tomorrow as i have no light in there at the moment so cant take a pic at night time

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back