Cement/water related question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I bought a fish tank for two fire-bellied frogs that I have and made a small cement platform for them. It's about 8 inches long, 2 wide, and goes up at a slope to end up about an inch high. My question is how long do I have to wait until it is completely dry and it wont fall apart in the water. Basically so it wont react with the water.

Sponsored Links
Tho` I generally agree with ( and learn from )Noseall , I`m a bit cautious about the effect of any cement ( cured or not ) on a frog`s skin :confused: I would get a veterinarian`s advice ;)

Did you know you can purchase proper floating platforms £12, it has 4 rubber suckers, and 2 side arms, that allow the platform to float and stay in place, it also has a ramp.
You can also buy cork from aquarium suppliers, if you use cork make sure it has soaked well to release the brown stain.
We use both with no problem.

Sponsored Links
You should buy an epoxy mortar, they cure to be inert and won't wear away like a cement certainly will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back