Central Heating bypassing programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help me? I was decorating and took the thermostat off the wall. I thought I could remember where three wires went, but stupidly didn't.

I have reconnected the thermostat as shown, but the Central Heating comes on even when the programmer is turned off. I had tried previous wiring combinations before I got to this one, and blew the three amp fuse a few times. Did I damage the programmer, or have I still got the wiring wrong?

The programmer is a Potterton EP6002, but I can't find a model for the Honeywell room thermostat. The images of what I have done are below.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Sponsored Links
You need to look in the wiring centre to see which wire goes to what - turn the power off first as you may need to have a poke about especially if there are lots of wires in a small box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back