Central Heating controller issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,
Please see attached photo.

At first I thought I was going mad but just woke up baking.

The controller is on manual & it shows 25 degrees.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time now this has happened, admittedly not 25 degrees each time but I don’t really feel the cold so would NEVER have it on the high.
Last time it happened was around 3am

Now unless my dog has managed to turn it up that high Do These Have An Issue With Having A Mind Of There Own.

Thanks

Attachments

• 5373E7F3-9DD3-4595-8E77-58762B980A14.jpeg
    5373E7F3-9DD3-4595-8E77-58762B980A14.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
It says manual, has someone else put it on manually? Even on your phones? This would over ride the 15c then.

Personally not a fan of these fancy new *smart* controls, too much could to wrong with them.

Hi,
I am the only person here.
It’s always on manual & I only ever go to say 21 at the very most.

I woke up to heat & looked to see why or what the screen was saying to find out that the heating was in 25 of which this is something I never do. I turned it down & then took the photo to show what type in controller it is.

Like I say it did it say 3am once about 2 weeks ago.
Woke up baking to see the screen way about what I set it to & when I go to bed I always switch it down to around 13 anyway so waking up to see it at 24/25/26 etc is t something I ever set it to

I dont know what to suggest then, some of the guys on here with more knowledge on these toys may be able to advise.

But sceptical me of this fancy technology thinks if these controllers are connected to WiFi then they can be hacked.

Sponsored Links
After my post above I booked in British Gas to come & sort it, the day was today but an hour before my appointment was up 8-1 nobody had been. Long story short British Gas said no appointment was booked yeah yeah whatever.

The red battery icon today started to flash so I went & purchased Duracell batteries just in case this thing died in the night.

I’ve fitted 4 at a time & 5 times as I bought 20 AA batteries. The display still shows a red low battery icon

British Gas are coming tomorrow now 1-6pm

Checking each battery with meter shows all around 1.8v

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Just wondering where the connection is with what I’ve wrote & motorised valve ?

If not a combi boiler have you got a 3 port mid position valve which allows CH only (on) or HW only or both CH & HW, you should be able to select these from a programmer.

My programmer is only for heating.
It shows current temp of room & it shows what I want it to be,
So room is say 16 but I turn knob to 20
Then heating in room is raised from 16 to 20, it does nothing else in respect to hot water from the controller

This is it

Attachments

• E78FB3C8-98E7-44CA-941D-A7AC8D1A7BAD.jpeg
    E78FB3C8-98E7-44CA-941D-A7AC8D1A7BAD.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 26
How does your boiler provide hot water?, (if it does), is it a Combi boiler?

Has your boiler got frost protection, what make/model boiler?.

Reactions: CBW
When this problem happens, how do you get the boiler to turn off? Do you simply turn the thermostat knob down? Are you saying that the Target Temperature is ending up higher than you actually set it e.g you set the Target to 13 but the Target ends up at 25?

I believe it’s a green star ?

Ref hot water I just turn tap on and it runs hot.

The batteries at present are all new & read 1.8v each but when fitting in the controller the controller shows the low battery light as in photo above.

The issue was the controller would turn itself on to a random figure say 26 where room temp is 20 so the boiler would fire up central heating and the 20 would increase to 26 & then turn off. I never turned it to 26 hence why currently it’s going awol.

I turn it down to say 13 and it stops

You said you booked British Gas. Do you have some sort of cover plan with them?

Yes I do,
Original post was a week ago etc & tonight’s post was couldn’t understand why all new Duracell are showing as flat on controller and all show 1.8v with meter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back