1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Central heating drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by daveaspy, 23 Jan 2020.

1. daveaspy

daveaspy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So I found what looks to be a drain under the floor - it is a tap connected to the return pipe and the other side exits through the wall. However, it exits below the outside ground level so I can't see where it goes! Is it likely to run into some drain (there is a manhole cover not too far away I haven't lifted yet) - it wouldn't just empty into the ground would it!?

2. oilhead

oilhead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You would presumably attach a hose to it to drain to outside or an internal drain.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. sircerebus666

sircerebus666

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Pics?

If you really want to know you could disconnect it , shove a hosepipe down it and see where it comes out

5. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    would be very unusual for a CH drain off to go to a drain , usually just into the ground or you attach a hose

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links