Central Heating Electrical Connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Background! I was doing some work in garage and had to move the central connection box for the central heating. Once i had done that i then managed to put a screw through the pump lead leading to lots of fusing when i switched on the heating!!!!! this blew up the control box(Centaurplus c27 Electronic Programme from screwfix) Sadly despite having exhausted my limited knowledge the pump never seems to switch off. The thermostat is a Hortsmann HRT2 Room Stat. There is no cylinder stat. I am pretty sure the attached diagram is how it was before but there is something wrong as i say the pump stay on and never switches off.

I know i am asking a lot but is the wiring diagram below correct? PLEASE!!!!

HOW DO I POST DIAGRAMS???

Sponsored Links
have you wired the pump to the permanent live??

do you have a room stat???

Corgiman - have u an email addy i can send what the current set up is(the one i have 'inherited?) I have drawn it out on computer.

Sponsored Links
:?: What boiler do you have?

:?: Is there a hot water cylinder?

:?: Does it have gravity or pumped circulation to the cylinder?

:?: Is there a motorised valve (or two)?

Answer these 4 simple questions and you could win a -

FREE description of the wiring for your central heating system! :D

We could even recommend, again completely FREE, simple efficiency improvements to your existing set-up (no cylinder stat!!). :D

Just answer the 4 simple questions above! :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back