central heating expansion vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had my new boiler, worcester, for 4 years, and in this time have had to replace the expansion vessel twice in the past and again now.

Has anyone any idea why they only last a short time as i am having to change it more or less every winter. The vessel is 8ltr. on a WORCESTER 28i JUNIOR

Sponsored Links
That would do about 6 average radiators.

Probably undersized, although I doubt they are busted, but just need re-pressurising.

Sponsored Links
We mean the pre-charge pressure, with the system on zero pressure.

Look in this site's FAQ for instructions on how to pressurise the AIR side !

Before we can usefully suggest whats wrong, you will have to explain exactly hoe they fail !

Tony

when i turn on the heating after 5 minutes when the rads are hot the pressure goes over the top and the relief valve dumps the excess pressure therefore shutting down the system with low pressure.

i have checked the vessel pressure and set it to manufacturers 1/2 a bar

try upping it to say .75

i assume you checked the pre charge as outlined in the FAQ ;)

other option is to fit an external vessel as well :idea:

i am going to use an external vessel this time, and i have tried various pressures from 1/2 bar to 1.5 bar
Thanks

Yes at least 12Ltr and pre-charge it at 1bar.

An 18-20 Ltr would be even better if you have somewhere to hide it (cupboard perhaps)

i am going to use an external vessel this time, and i have tried various pressures from 1/2 bar to 1.5 bar

Thanks

I really do not think that you have followed the advice in the FAQ for repressurising your EV.

Its no good saying you have when the results clearly imply that you have not !

Please give us one aspect of the FAQ procedure to indicate that you have followed it.

If you actually do it then it will solve your problem! You seem hell bent on buying and fitting another one just because you dont want to follow our advice to repair your problem.

Tony

Thanks

I really do not think that you have followed the advice in the FAQ for repressurising your EV.

Its no good saying you have when the results clearly imply that you have not !

Please give us one aspect of the FAQ procedure to indicate that you have followed it.

If you actually do it then it will solve your problem! You seem hell bent on buying and fitting another one just because you dont want to follow our advice to repair your problem.

Tony

have followed the proceedure given by worcester, ie dump the water pressure the charge the ev.

quite frankly do not like your attitude :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back