Central Heating extended to Loft Extension - need advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a Loft Extension in my home and part of the deal was to extend the Central Heating into the Loft room and Bathroom/Toilet. One rad in the new room and a heated rail in the Bathroom.

I've heard that this can be problematic and now the heating doesn't work at all. The plumbers fitted a pressure vessel in the loft and on the day they finished, the rads were warm in the loft room.

Although the contractor assured me that all would be well (they have an excellent reputation and I can't fault them for the quality of the build) I had doubts about getting the existing system to push up to another floor and I've heard this can be really problematic. Does the pressure vessel help?

Any experts have comments about this?

I would appreciate advice, because the contractors seem to be in so fast that they don't have time to make sure all is working well (i.e. balancing the system etc.)

Any advice would help.

Sponsored Links
Give us details of your system.

ie, boiler type and location

There is a standard boiler located on the ground floor extended kitchen, the hot water tank, pump, motorised mid-position valve are in a cupboard on the first floor.

There are 4 rads on the ground floor and 4 on the first. The loft has one rad in the room and a heated towel rail in the loft bathroom. The pressure vessel is next to the water tank in the loft room

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back