central heating from a log burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see any prices on there web site! are they just the manufatures, where can you buy the bottles?
Yes they manufacture (or import, whatever). There's a list of suppliers on there, Google one near you for their website & look on there for pricing.

Sponsored Links
It would be unsafe to seal the system with the stove you have, yes. You can use a plastic F&E tank provided it complies with the requirements for temperature resistance (I forget the precise British Standard number now).
So I guess a 5 gallon plastic drum is out of the question then?

Flow to the top of the boiler, return to the bottom. Ideally you'd have the same on the radiator.

Yes, it needs to thermosyphon. If you rely on a pump, and the pump stops operating for whatever reason, you will have a potentially dangerous situation which could lead to a steam explosion.
But what kind of pump will work, how many liters a minute or can I get away with out a pump at all

Yes, radiators use 15mm pipe, and it should be a maximum of 300mm of 15mm to connect the radiator before the pipe increases to 22mm diameter.
So I take it that the pipe work around the walls of a house is all 22mm until it comes out of the wall into 15mm then

Yes they manufacture (or import, whatever). There's a list of suppliers on there, Google one near you for their website & look on there for pricing.
I looked on there web site and can only find sites that refill the bottles not sell the bottle

House coal is banned for domestic use in England now.
Im not quite sure it is! I think they are scarmungusaring the obedient slaves into not doing it! there are coal dealers out there that sell it but wont deliver it to Manchester and wont let you collect it

Sponsored Links
Im not quite sure it is! I think they are scarmungusaring the obedient slaves into not doing it! there are coal dealers out there that sell it but wont deliver it to Manchester and wont let you collect it

Is fairly straightforward. Looks as if you could get coal supplied to a non-residential address (a factory maybe).

Is fairly straightforward. Looks as if you could get coal supplied to a non-residential address (a factory maybe).
So only busnesses can burn it right?
Dose the dwelling of a trailer count as a residental address?

So only busnesses can burn it right?
Dose the dwelling of a trailer count as a residental address?
If you are curious you should probably try and find the actual legislation. That guidance says house coal cannot be sold for use in homes. Which eliminates anywhere where people live. Says nowt about addresses. But do look at the actual legislation.

If you are curious you should probably try and find the actual legislation. That guidance says house coal cannot be sold for use in homes. Which eliminates anywhere where people live. Says nowt about addresses. But do look at the actual legislation.
I could lie to them and tell them its a mobile workshop

So at a very basic set up of no radiator; which one is plumbed up right

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 21
  • b.png
    b.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 22
That setup would definately invalidate any household insurance you probably don't even have.
Wet boilers for logburners are a very specific hetas ticket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back