central heating how much

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im trying to get a rough idea how much a full central heating system costs to buy and install.Imgoing to need about 7 radiators new combi boiler etc,if anyone could tell me a rough guide to cost including labour i would be most grateful............
THANKS>>>>>>

Sponsored Links
I have no idea but this although gives no prices it does gove some usefull advice

Depends on where you live I suppose but 'up North' you would pay between £1600-£2500 for the average semi but get a few quotes before you take my word for it.

Check out the suppliers in the exchange+mart,who offer full package for self installation,you will be surprised at the prices. ;)

Sponsored Links
We had 4 quotes - one from a friend in the business, 2 from local firms, and 1 from British Gas.
The British Gas one came in at 3,700 quid for a brand new Brit/Scot Gas Boiler, removal of the old tanks, and boiler, fitting all the piping, electrics, radiator valves, a powerflush, year's central heating care, removal of old asbestos flue.
The other 3 quotes were VERY close, if a little bit cheaper.
The good thing about the British Gas quote, which was extremely detailed, was that we could pay 50% up front, then pay 50% over the next 12 months, interest free.
This gave us more of our budget to spend on the rest of our project, and we had the peace of mind of it being installed by British Gas.
I would seriously consider them

Saw 2 adverts today
1. from £1445.00
2.Special Offer.Combi boiler+ 6 radiators from£1500 +VAT
Supplied and fitted
both Manchester
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It may not be a good idea to have the cheaper combi and 7 rad offers. I always advise customers to have the best boiler they can afford. Cheap boilers break down more often do not last as long and have lower efficiencies. The difference in price is much less than you may think. I fit Baxi Duo Tec combis which I have minimal call backs with. Good luck

...The good thing about the British Gas quote, which was extremely detailed, was that we could pay 50% up front, then pay 50% over the next 12 months, interest free.
This gave us more of our budget to spend on the rest of our project, and we had the peace of mind of it being installed by British Gas.
You will probably find that there are some additional costs, like being tied into a contract costing you up to a £1000 extra.
Also quite likely that it wasn't actually bg that installed it, but a subcontractor.
Also quite likely that you have a bottom range boiler like ideal or wb junior/i-series

do not even contemplate going with a bg install they are always well over priced and of a very poor standard :evil:

I always advise customers to have the best boiler they can afford.

Cheap boilers break down more often do not last as long and have lower efficiencies.

Good luck

Where do you get your evidence from?

Whats the difference between the efficiency of a Vaillant and a Heatline Band A ?

You must have been aware of the vaillant diverter valves which all had to be changed 4-6 years ago? Then there were all the combustion chamber seals which failed or had to be changed on a recall or a service?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back