Central Heating/HW System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The system I have is a thermal store with a gas boiler. There are two pumps, one for the boiler and one for the CH radiators. The system was originally installed with an oil fired boiler when the house was built in 1992. The boiler was changed to a Worcester Bosch around three years ago.

The original literature provided with the Flowmax store says the boiler should be set to 80-84deg and the store to 4 deg below this. The store thermostat is a Honeywell L6188B 2034.

The Issue I have is that the boiler pump runs continuously irrespective of CH settings. It seems that the boiler reaches temperature (82 deg) and goes off, but since the store temperature has not been attained, the boiler pump continues.

I have looked at the L6188B 2034 info on the internet, but the information, apart from being in 12 languages is hopeless. I cannot find how to set it up apart from a) there is an internal rotary wheel adjuster and the overall range is 70 to 140 deg.

Any comments on how this should be set up and how to proceed would be most helpful.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response.

The Honeywell L6188B2034 has a range from 25 to 95 deg C. The differential is set to 4 deg. by which I understand that the store temp has to fall by 4 deg below the set point in order for the spdt contact to make.

The problem I have is how to set the thermal store temperature 'set point'

The only device on the store which measures temp is the aforesaid L6188B. As the Americans say "Go Figure"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back