Central heating leak under floor board in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice please. I have a tiny leak, which I believe will be at the bend at the bottom of the pipe shown, under the floor board (definitely not coming from above the floorboard). There is a tiny leak running down the kitchen wall, which is directly under this pipe.

Removing the whole floorboard looks like a massive job. So I'm assuming a cut out would be a better option, but obviously it will need to go back onto the joists.

So not sure how to handle this, any expert advice out there please?

Regards Eddie

Sponsored Links
Apologies. Its appeared now! Chip board flooring is a pain. You could either cut a section of plaster board out below and replaster after fixing. Or you could cut a section of the chipboard out but it will need to be reinforced with extra battons on replacement. There is a tool about which cuts out a round hole and uses a plastic insert so the chipboard cut out can be replaced easily. This will probably be your best option

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back